Sunday, December 11, 2016

Cre-Hoing Coast to Coast Trip Report!



Who doesn't love riding kiddie coasters to boost their credit count? :}


(ok probably lots of people. I get it)


I, for one, enjoy the thrill of hunting for small coaster credits! Finding them and being permitted to ride is half the fun! Adding to the credit list is just the icing on the cake!



Thanks to my line of work I sometimes find myself near obscure and/or isolated roller coaster credits. There's one here in Ft. Walton Beach FL as of 2015!

Welcome to Wild Willy's Adventure Zone, a dinosaur-themed family entertainment center. I got there right at open and I was provided with my own personal ride operator!

Spin-O-Saurus is an SBF-Visa Family Spinner - A.K.A. the new Wacky Worm!

I love these rides. They're kid friendly, comfortable, space-effective, and genuinely entertaining. I don't feel nearly as bashful cre-hoing on one of these as I do on a kiddie coaster that requires me cramming my ass into a seat that is obviousy too small.

Speaking of which, let's jump to Anaheim, CA's Adventure City: SoCal's favorite kiddie park.

Small on space but big on charm, Adventure City boast several well-manicured kiddie rides and two small roller coasters.

The smaller of the two is Freeway Coaster, a custom terrain Miler coaster with individually ratcheting lap bars!!!

Freeway coaster's claim to fame a hill through the a mighty oak tree. The ride is rather scenic despite being themed to LA rush hour traffic.

Sean and I are in the back seat awaiting our amazing ride spinal readjustment.

The park's larger coaster is the new-for-2015 Rewind Racers! A family shuttle coaster by Gerstlauer.

Rewind Racers is a delightful coaster complete with synchronized audio and a mild backwards launch. It's basically a tiny race car themed FireChaser Express and I love it!

There's a pre-show shown overhead in the station that also serves as the safety instructional video. It does double-duty as the "finish line" when riders make their final approach to the station.

The top of the 2nd spike holds the train for an segment of story-oriented audio before thrusting guests down the ride's 593ft of track in reverse.

Rewind Selfie! For such a little ride it really packs a punch! Doing the helix backwards gives a mild headrush similar to a backwards vertical loop on a Boomerang.

This kid looks completely done with Freeway Coaster.

Meanwhile the kids behind him look like they're sharing the best gossip in all of recorded history.

Adventure City is well aware of its surroundings. To complement their traffic-themed roller coaster they have a construction-themed drop tower.

Maximum cuteness level: a cycle railway.

Parents can walk along side little riders to offer some extra momentum or encouragement.

Adventureland has an impressive miniature train that winds around the park.

:}

Next stop! Scandia Ontario for a spin on the one-of-a-kind "Hi-Miler" Scandia Screamer!

Sean's face when I told him that the trains on Screamer are not leg room friendly and that on my ride in 2014 I thought I was going to lose my kneecaps. 

Scandia is a very nice-looking establishment in a business park in the industrial LA suburb of Ontario. Its location along Interstate 15 helps attract visitors from all over east LA.

We look content on the outside but on the inside we're like "this is going to suck."

I'm pleased to report that a front seat ride on Screamer is way more easy on the knees than a backseat ride. 

The ride looks great and has awesome airtime so I'm thrilled to now say that it's also a good experience in the correct seat.

Scandia is very space efficient. 

Big drop!

I love their old kiddie coaster but Sean was less enthused.

Next up: Fiesta Village in Riverside!

This unique family entertainment center features a roller rink, a variety of flat rides, a Dairy Queen, and more!

As of this year they also feature the Dragon Wagon that previously operated at Sonoma, CA's Traintown. New credit for Sean, but not for me since I rode it in Sonoma. :}

The ride operator was SO EXCITED about his roller coaster! I love when employees take pride in their work,

After Fiesta Village we tried to go to John's Incredible Pizza Co for their kiddie credit, but it was broken. We'll have to try again when we come back for Castle Park in the spring!


It's been a while since we featured 4 parks in one update, and yet this is one of the smallest reports this year. ;}


Tune in next time for our visit to the Great Smoky Mountains for Dollywood's Smoky Mountain Winterfest! Beautiful Christmas decor, great friends, and Thrillography's new #1 coaster await! :D


See you soon! :}

No comments:

Post a Comment