Monday, May 23, 2016

Coney Island: Thrillography's New Home Park! Trip Report



Hello :}


As some of you may already know, Thrillography HQ made a big move last month from Nashville, TN to Queens, NYC.


Big change, yeah? :}



This of course means it's time to introduce a new Thrillography home park!

And Thrillography's new home is also the birthplace of the great American amusement park!
That's right! It's Brooklyn's Coney Island! Home to Luna Park, Scream Zone, Deno's Wonder Wheel Pier, and much more!

The "more" includes several independent ride venders of all kinds. :}


Say hello to Thrillography's new mascot, the Coney Island Cyclone!

After a wonderful first visit to Coney Island last June, nothing pleases me more than saying this is now Thrillography's home base!

As you can see, My buddy Jim and I can barely contain our excitement.

The Zamperla-owned Luna park is a very prosperous place.

Jim, who works as the park's photographer, has nothing but great things to say about Luna Park management. 

As we walked around the park, I was introduced to several of Jim's friends who work rides, concessions, shows, and so on. 

Everyone we talked to had one thing in common. They too are proud to call Coney Island home!

We got the most ridiculous ride on the Tickler. I've never spun so furiously in my life. 

Just like last summer, the Coney Island Cyclone ran like a dream for my first rides as a NYC resident. 

It is truly one of the loveliest wooden coasters I've ridden.

Great drops, great forces, and great trains.

Ahh! But we can't forget about the Cyclone's partner in crime! 

It's Wonder Wheel time. :}

But first! Grandma's fortune time. 

My fortune and my Wonder Wheel card.

Jim is such a great host. He really gave Thrillography the star treatment!

Such a lively little park Luna is. :}

Can't forget about Scream Zone!

Actually I'd love to forget Soarin' Eagle. Steeplechase is still cool though. 

Deno's amazing old Haunted Pretzel ride does not disappoint!

Between my frequent visits to here and Disneyland, I get to see a lot of this rare type of wheel. :}

25¢ to fall in love with the woman of your dreams!

or to see Coney Island come to life in miniature!

You know how many of these monstrosities I've ridden now? Five.

And I've still got that one waiting for me at Canada's Wonderland. 

Jim and I had a GREAT ride on this guy here. Love a good SlingShot. 

No Steeplechase ride this time, but soon for sure!

With such beautiful weather, it was hard to not just take pictures of Cyclone all day.

Nevertheless, the evening turned into just that: periodic Cyclone photo shoots with other stuff in between. :}

I just love all the signage out here. 

Here's something I missed on my first visit: The famous Astroland Park rocket! On display at Deno's in all its glory. 

Despite the glorious evening weather, Coney Island was pretty quiet on this visit. 

Who wants more Cyclone?

You do?? Well great! Here it is! :}

And also this horrid-lookin thing.

Everyone here is getting some Cyclone ERT today. :}

You knew a tilt-shift shot was coming eventually. 

For the guy with his hands up in the back, Thrillography salutes you!

So this is a thing and it's amazing.

Here's a peek at some new hotness that will hopefully be ready for us next time!

Thunderbolt is sleeping. :}

And the rest of Coney Island isn't far behind. 

Goodnight everyone!

That was a short report, I know. :}


More are coming soon, though! :D


We'll revisit Coney Island later this summer (probably), but next up is some more quality SoCal time!

(also Thrillography has a NEW CAMERA!)

*excitement*

See you at Disneyland. ;}

1 comment: